Food Justice Coalition is a 501(c)3 non-profit that exists as an immediate resource for people experiencing hunger to be connected with free and nutritious ready-to-eat meals. We are a volunteer-operated collective working to build equitable, resilient food systems and food sovereignty for all. Our coalition consists of students, farmers, restaurants, non-profits, local businesses, community leaders, academic institutions, and individual community members. Our work focuses on direct relief, education, advocacy and long-term solutions to address the root cause of food insecurity.
The Marketing Associate will manage all the marketing, social media, and communications for Food Justice Coalition, designing and implementing integrated communications across platforms. This includes communication within the organization and externally with all stakeholders, such as volunteers, funders, the board, and the greater community.
Job Type: Part-Time, Contract Position – 4 hrs per week
Work Location: Remote and/or In-Person
- Impactful Storytelling: We integrate human-centered storytelling into all of our practice areas because we know stories can transform the world and help us create food security for all. Stories amplify, inform, and educate audiences in a way we can all empathize with as human beings. For our partners, stories build trust, create connections, and most effectively illustrate to stakeholders their positive impact and outcomes as organizations.
- Create and execute advertising campaigns to support the organization’s goals and mission. This could involve target audience research, media planning, coordinating production of advertising assets with designers, printers, and vendors, managing timelines, trafficking ad placements to media partners, and tracking campaign performance.
- Run digital advertising campaigns through platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other applicable platforms.
- Assist in maintaining brand consistency throughout assigned projects, including reviewing ad placements before submitting to media partners, updating ad copy and proof-reading marketing materials.
- Assist the staff with events and sponsorship activation. This may involve coordinating logistics, assisting with the development of promotional materials, managing registrations.
- Gather data and help conduct analysis to measure the effectiveness of advertising efforts. You may assist in preparing regular reports on key metrics, such as campaign performance, to inform decision-making and optimize future strategies.
- Pursue advertising and marketing opportunities to further FJC’s efforts to create and foster a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization, including developing strategies to reach more diverse audiences and combat food insecurity.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in marketing with demonstrated success in using varied marketing vehicles, particularly the web and social media.
- Associates degree in marketing is preferred or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in marketing.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and combating food insecurity.
- Experience in social and electronic media content development and database usage.
- Knowledge of layout, design, and print production.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Effective project manager with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Ability to work both collaboratively with a range of constituent groups, as well as independently.